The Retail Cannabis Council of Ontario (RCCO) is looking for an experienced Office Manager.
RCCO is a not-for-profit association created by licensed retailers and cannabis industry professionals to give a voice to Ontario’s licensed cannabis retailers. The mandate is advocacy, education, and community.
Canada has just entered its fourth year of legalization. While this provides great opportunity for a young and growing industry, this also comes with a lot of challenges – legal, financial, regulatory, and more. RCCO endeavours to implement change to help the industry grow stronger and more sustainable for independent cannabis retailers.
The Board is a team of 9 volunteer members who have worked to establish the organization, which has developed a relationship with the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO), the Ontario Cannabis Store (OCS) and Health Canada, with a membership of independent licensed retail operators across Ontario and numerous industry partners.
ABOUT THE ROLE
RCCO requires an Office Manager who can wear several hats. You have an understanding of the current licensed cannabis landscape (and a passion for the plant doesn’t hurt).
– General administrative tasks
– Excellent communication skills
– Aptitude for stakeholder and industry relations
– Facility with general management software including, but not limited to
Excel, WordPress, Mailchimp
– Familiar with Google Suite – G-sheets, G-meet etc.
– Some event planning experience
– Organized and effective with timeline management
– Manage membership lists and support membership journey
– Work with committees to fulfill mandates including membership drives,
– Create decks and presentation materials
– Oversee branding
– Curate content including media appearances and event collateral
– Support social media
– 5 days per week/40 hours per week – flexibility
– Hybrid remote/onsite role with an office in downtown Toronto when needed
– Salary $50,000/year
– 19+ as attendance at industry events will be necessary
Please apply with resume and a cover letter to [email protected] explaining why you would like to work in cannabis, and relevant experience in office management. RCCO takes pride in a culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity.